Advertisement

'Cloud Nine'-- The Temptations -- (Whispered Echos Cover) By Jamie y Los Gatos

'Cloud Nine'-- The Temptations -- (Whispered Echos Cover) By Jamie y Los Gatos *There are intermittent flash photographic effects in this video*

Light and blessings to you where ever you are in the world. Lately I've been on what has become a regular occurance for me at during the advent of autumn and winter months: a hiatus😑I feel the natural tendency to draw inward and reflect upon the year, which has moved by so quickly. Although I've been somewhat incognito of late, it is always my intention to return and catch up with all of my favourite content creators upon this wonderful platform🌅🌹

The following selection is titled "Cloud Nine", and it was written by Barrett Strong and Norman Whitfield, and delivered into the world by the Super singing group known as The Temptations. This song became associated with the counter cultural movement of the late 1960's and early 70s, and is considered by some to be an Anthemn extolling the virtues of mind expansion through the experimentation of mind altering substances.
Though there is an undeniable hint towards that consideration, I've always seen this song as a calling within and unto one's self--a means of rising upon the spiritual planes of one's being in order to come into knowledge and experience of one's True Self. From the crown of our being, we are renewed and we are able to reprogram our awareness according to Divine will, which in turn will manifest as a new reality for us in the waking, material world. 👑🌹

My cover of this psycedellic soul classic stays relatively true to the original version, as far as arrangement is concerned, yet I perform it softer, because I am not a dramatic tenor as was the incomparable Dennis Edwards. I really didn't intend to actually sing at all on this cover--I wanted to simply perform it as an instrumental but decided at the last minute to go on and sing it. Light and Bountiful Blessings to you always, and thank you for listening👑🌹🌅💎

Oh ho, ho ho ho, ooh, hoo
Childhood part of my life, it wasn't very pretty
You see, I was born and raised in the slums of the city
It was a one room shack that slept ten other children besides me
We hardly had enough food or room to sleep
It was hard times
Needed something to ease my troubled mind
Listen, my father didn't know the meaning of work
He disrespected mama, and treated us like dirt
I left home, seekin' a job that I never did find
Depressed and downhearted I took to cloud nine
I'm doin' fine, up here on cloud nine
Listen one more time I'm doin' fine, up here on cloud nine
Folks down there tell me
They say, give yourself a chance son, don't let life pass you by
But the world of reality is a rat race where only the strongest survive
It's a dog eat dog world, and that ain't no lie
Listen, it ain't even safe no more to walk the streets at night
I'm doin' fine, on cloud nine
Let me tell you about cloud nine
Cloud nine, you can be what you wanna be
(Cloud nine) you ain't got no responsibility
And ev'ry man, ev'ry man is free
(Cloud nine) and you're a million miles from reality
I wanna say I love the life I live
And I'm gonna live the life I love up here on cloud nine
I, I, I, I, I, I I'm riding high
On cloud nine, you're as free as a bird in flight
(Cloud nine) there's no diff'rence between day and night
(Cloud nine) it's a world of love and harmony
(Cloud nine) you're a million miles from reality
Cloud nine, you can be what you wanna be
Cloud nine you ain't got no responsibility
Cloud nine, and ev'ry man in this world is free
(Cloud nine) and you're a million miles from reality
(Cloud nine) you can be what you wanna be

Classic,Psychedelic,Soul,Falsetto,Mixed Voice,Piano,Gospel,Chord,Structure,Eddie Kendricks,Paul Williams,Dennis Edwards,Otis Williams,Melvin Franklin,Me,

Post a Comment

0 Comments