Advertisement

Woodturning a Large Sapele & Walnut Bowl

Woodturning a Large Sapele & Walnut Bowl This project turned out nicely, but it didn't turn out as expected. I got a little careless on the sapele blank and almost went through the bottom with only 1/8" to spare. So, I decided to part-off. I attached the sapele ring to some leftover rings that I had laying around from previous projects. I used walnut to finish out the bottom two rings and a flame birch base, which matches the top rim. All in all, there is sapele, walnut, birch, bubinga, and birdseye maple used in the construction.

As always, thank you for watching. And, if you haven't yet, please subscribe. Thank you. I hope you enjoy. --Dan

woodturning,wood turning,woodturner,segmented,bowl,lathe,wood turner,woodworking,

Post a Comment

0 Comments