Advertisement

Downsizing Your Home || How To Make An Overwhelming Situation An Easy Transition

Downsizing Your Home || How To Make An Overwhelming Situation An Easy Transition Life is always changing. Children grow up and move away, loved ones pass, and sometimes we find ourselves in a large home that we no longer need. Downsizing is a great choice to save money and find a more comfortable fit for yourself. I know this process can seem overwhelming; You’re trying to sell your old house, find a new home, and you really don’t even know where to start. I’m here to tell you that downsizing doesn’t have to be stressful, and here is proof.

Downsizing Your Home // How To Make An Overwhelming Situation An Easy Transition

A few years back I was working with a client whose father had recently lost his wife and was living in a beautiful home that was far too big for him now. We spoke about the idea of downsizing, and he was not ready to part with the home yet. That house had been his wife’s project, she designed everything in it, and he felt extremely attached to it. I told him to take his time, keep me in mind, and that I would be here when he was ready.

Downsizing Your Home // How To Make An Overwhelming Situation An Easy Transition

A few years later, I received a call from Gabe, saying he was finally ready to downsize, but didn’t know where to start. From the beginning of the process to the end I worked side by side with Gabe making him aware of all the possibilities, but also ensuring that he gets the best deal for the place he called home for so long. He was retired, and that house was him and his wife’s big investment. We needed to make sure that he got what he deserved for the house so he would get a return on his big investment.

Downsizing Your Home // How To Make An Overwhelming Situation An Easy Transition

In the end, Gabe was offered more than his asking price and found a home that was better suited for him all in one sweep. His advice? Find a professional to help you through each and every step. I’m always honest with my clients and I truly want what’s best for them. That’s why, before I start diving into working with them, I interview them. I ask them their needs, their wants, and where they see themselves in the future. I want to find the perfect homes for people and in order to do that I need to know about them.

Downsizing Your Home // How To Make An Overwhelming Situation An Easy Transition

This isn’t just a sales transaction for me, this is an opportunity to make someone’s moving experience easier and less stressful, which is what I love to do. Next time someone tells you it’s too stressful to downsize, don’t listen to them! Give me a call and we can turn this into a smooth process.

Downsizing Your Home // How To Make An Overwhelming Situation An Easy Transition

Transition

Post a Comment

0 Comments