Advertisement

20 Years Later - Anticipating Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

20 Years Later - Anticipating Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace Waiting in line to watch Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace on May 19, 1999. After years of hype the movie is finally released. This is footage shot on a hi8 camcorder from my time in line to see the 12:01 AM showing at the Westwood Village theater and the 3:30 PM showing the next day at Mann's Chinese Theater, both in Los Angeles.

I hadn't seen this footage in 20 years and had to laugh after watching it and hearing myself talk about how much I liked the movie. I guess the hype hadn't worn off a few minutes after the movie ended, because now I can't stand it and consider it my least favorite Star Wars movie. :)

episode i,star wars,phantom menace,westwood village,mann's chinese,

Post a Comment

0 Comments